The Carrot Club is a social skill-building program for students ages 3 – 6. This group is facilitated by Kristin Chisum, a speech-language pathologist who specializes in social cognition. Kristin has also been a therapeutic riding instructor at Lovelane for over 20 years. Kristin utilizes our horses to model key social cues to set the scene for positive peer interactions that support social language development.
This program will help participants:
- Increase social awareness
- Develop strategies for successful social interactions, including:
- Cooperative play
- Self-regulation / “staying expected”
- Following a group plan
- “Sharing an Imagination”
- Build self-esteem and confidence
- Improve conversational skill, including turn-taking, topic maintenance, eye-contact, and body language
FALL 2021 PROGRAM DATES:
- Tuesdays from 1:15 – 2:00, September 7th – October 26th
- COST: $440 for 8 weeks
SPRING & SUMMER 2022 PROGRAM DATES: CHECK BACK SOON!
For More Information
For more information, please contact the Program Director, Cassie Clarke: